Good afternoon, dear readers. If you want to lose weight but don't want to go on strenuous diets, then you must read this article to the end. We have an interesting offer for you. This is a keto diet for weight loss. Did you know that recent studies have shown that this diet lowers not only sugar but also cholesterol? Didn't you hear thatThen it's time to read up, because it is a surefire way to get rid of body fat and improve your health significantly without giving up most of your favorite dishes - meat, fish, seafood. Are you interested in an offer? Then read on!
What type of diet is it and for whom is it suitable?
What is the keto diet? This is a type of diet that significantly reduces the intake of carbohydrates and proteins, but increases the intake of fat. BJU could look like this - 10%: 80%: 10%.
Essentially, keto is a form of a low-carb or low-carb diet. Its main goal is to achieve ketosis, that is, the state of carbohydrate deficiency in cells. But isn't it bad for your health? Yes, ketosis is undesirable because it has its own side effects. However, if you control its course, you can benefit from it. In addition, the state of ketosis is more familiar to the body than, for example, overeating, as ketosis occurs at a certain stage of the hunger strike, which, as is known, was more acceptable and familiar to our ancestors than overeating.
Note! The keto diet is a safe alternative to fasting for weight loss, which is also based on ketosis.
How does weight loss work? Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. All cells need it just like the brain. With a sharp decrease in carbohydrate intake, the level of glucose in the blood decreases, the body suffers from an energy deficit (I wrote in more detail about carbohydrates, how much to eat in a day and what kind of diet for weight loss). Looking for alternative sources of "fuel", ketosis begins. As a result, fats are used to generate energy. With the start of the keto diet, they are no longer stored "in reserve", but rather actively split up what the weight loss needs.
Note! Ketosis begins on the second day of the low-carb diet. For weight loss results, you need to adhere to it for at least 3 months.
This food is suitable for men and women who not only have problems with weight, but also with health. The keto diet is medicinal. It was originally developed to treat epilepsy, but was later used to treat other diseases, particularly neurological and psychiatric ones:
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Parkinson's disease;
- insulin resistance;
- hormonal disorders related to estrogen, progesterone and prolactin;
- Deficiency in fat-soluble vitamins
Clinical studies have also proven the effectiveness of the diet in the fight against cancer.
The keto diet was originally developed as a therapeutic method to treat certain diseases. Its effectiveness is based on complex biochemical processes. If something goes wrong, the opposite effect is likely. Instead of benefit, you can harm the body.
Therefore, the diet cannot be used without consulting a doctor. He will tell you how to eat right with the least harm to your health.
Note! During the diet, the doctor may even order a test to determine the level of ketone bodies in the blood. High values are harmful to health and an indication of dietary cessation.
The absolute contraindication for the keto diet is:
- state of immunodeficiency;
- kidney disease;
- severe chronic gastrointestinal diseases;
To avoid unpleasant surprises, losing weight should definitely check your health before starting any diet.
advantages and disadvantages
The keto diet for weight loss has advantages and disadvantages. It is worth knowing them in advance so that there is no disappointment later.
Let's start with the benefits. There are a few of them:
- The diet doesn't change much, the menu changes, but not much.
- Due to a sufficiently high calorie content in food, there is no feeling of hunger, the likelihood of nervous breakdowns decreases.
- You can sit on a keto diet for a long time, it will not harm your health.
- The result obtained will be preserved forever (if you adhere to proper nutrition all the time). The
- diet provides the body with the necessary fat-soluble vitamins for a long time, vitamin D (I wrote about the importance of vitamin for immunity and bones), A, E (vitamin of youth) and K (normalizes blood clotting).
Now we can talk about the shortcomings. At first the weight slowly goes away. The first 2-3 weeks of significant changes shouldn't be expected, but certainly will be. If you give up carbohydrates completely or suddenly switch to a diet, the following complications are likely:
- decreased mental performance;
- aggravation of pancreatitis.
It is important to understand that the keto diet cannot meet the body's normal nutritional needs because it violates the ratio of BJU. But all of this is possible if the ratio of the BJU is 10/80 / 10%. An unbalanced diet can lead to health problems. Liver problems are likely due to the high fat content, and a lack of fiber from vegetables and fruits leads to gastrointestinal upset.
But! The last mini-study in a group of up to 100 people. and on a ketogenic diet for six months showed:
- weight loss.
- decrease in blood sugar.
- Lowering bad cholesterol.
You can find more details in the video in the article!
Girls, large-scale and long-term studies have not been done, so we don't know how this diet affects the body for long periods of time!
What results can be achieved?
How much and how much can you lose weight? The forecasts are promising. Even if you do nothing and keep the same calorie intake, but eat on the principle of a keto diet, you can lose 10 kg in 3 months. However, this is not the maximum.
The result depends on the leaner one. When he goes to the gym and also reduces his calorie content, the weight decreases with the speed of the wind. However, it is important not to overdo it. Drastic weight loss places a heavy burden on the body that can lead to health problems.
Important! With the keto diet, all weight training and excessive physical activity are prohibited because the muscles lack "fuel".
Main and prohibited foods
The menu must contain dishes that have been prepared with approved products. What can you eatIt is worth choosing products from the list:
- Meat - pork, beef, rabbit and poultry;
- Lard, offal;
- fish - sea fat;
- Seafood - clams, shrimp, squid;
- nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts;
- sunflower, olive oil;
- low-fat milk, butter, fermented milk products - cream, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- Vegetables - mushrooms, cucumber, zucchini, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, herbs;
- Fruits - avocados, citrus fruits, apples.
The regime can stay the same, three or four meals a day are enough, but the last meal should be no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime. The volume of servings should also be reduced, but the amount of liquid you drink should be up to 1. 5 liters per day.
Foods with a high carbohydrate content are prohibited. DO NOT EAT list:
- fruits (except those that are allowed);
- vegetables with a high starch content;
- dried fruits;
- sugar, sweet sour milk products;
- chocolate, candy;
- Flour products, cakes, pastries;
- grain, bran;
- Semi-finished products, fast food;
- alcoholic, carbonated and sweet drinks.
When consuming fruit and vegetables, the daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 20-50 g.
When putting together a menu for a week, you need to correctly calculate the BJU, since the effectiveness of the diet depends on it. To avoid feeling hungry or apathy for food, it is worth diversifying your diet and preparing new dishes.
The menu for each day could look like this:
- Monday.Breakfast - 2 eggs boiled or fried in sunflower oil. You can have an avocado for a snack. Lunch - steamed zucchini, seasoned with cream, a serving of chicken. Dinner - ground beef rolls, fermented baked milk.
- Tuesday.Breakfast - cottage cheese with sour cream. Lunch - fish soup, salad with carrots, grated cheese and walnuts. Dinner is a stew.
- Wednesday.Breakfast - omelette with ham. Lunch - mushrooms baked with cheese, green salad. Dinner - fish stew.
- Thursday.Breakfast - cheesecake. Lunch - chicken broth, boiled egg. Dinner - pork chop, kefir.
- Friday.Breakfast - ham and cheese sandwich. Lunch - mushroom broth, chicken meatballs. Dinner - zucchini pancakes, a piece of hard cheese.
- Saturday.Breakfast - scrambled eggs. A handful of nuts for a snack. Lunch - fish soup, vegetable stew. Dinner - boiled beef, coleslaw.
- Sunday.Breakfast - butter and salmon sandwich. Lunch - baked chicken, apple. Dinner - fish cakes, yogurt.
This is a sample menu where you can make your own adjustments. If your imagination is really bad, then it is worth turning to a nutritionist. He will make reasonable recommendations.
Keto weight loss recipes
Recipes for delicious and easy-to-prepare meals:
- Cottage cheese salad.You need 100 g of crumbly cottage cheese, 2 teaspoons each. Flax seeds and sesame seeds, a handful of spinach. Place the herbs on the bottom of the bowl and add the remaining ingredients. You can fill 1 tbsp. l. Sour cream.
- Vegetable stew with chicken.Only approved vegetables are used in the dish. In our case, these are zucchini, cabbage, a little carrots and onions. Chop the vegetables, add the fried chicken fillet, season with herbs and olive oil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Lazy stuffed cabbage rolls.Cooking minced meat - any type of minced meat, grated carrots, chopped onions and cabbage. Shape cabbage rolls, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes.
Lose weight with minimal damage to health. Use only safe products. Do not use slimming capsules as they cause enormous damage to the body.